let's get to know each other
Hello, my name is Shannon
I am a mother, a fiancé, a daughter, a sister, a friend, and an auntie.
I am a photographer. I am an artist.
I am invested in bringing out the best in you.
I give every person I photograph a piece of my heart.
There is a little bit of me in every photo you see...
in every smile, in every glance, in every stare.
I hope you can see it...
Better yet, I hope you can feel it.
I am so lucky to get to do what I love for a living.
I look forward to the opportunity to work with you!
I am happy to say that most of my clients are repeat clients.
Even though I may only see their families once a year I feel like I am a part of their traditions.
Many of them I would call friends. They know me, their kids know me, and I know them. We check in and chat and the kids and I have the same jokes that run from year to year. I treat their kids like I treat my own, with love and humor.
It puts everyone at ease knowing "that we are going to meet Shannon for our photos"!
Everyone knows what to expect and year after year we make new memories and collect them all up digitally with laughs and smiles and sometimes a few tantrums and eye rolls... but we have them.
We have these photos forever and they just keep getting more and more valuable as the years pass by.
A few (random) things about me...
- I have been a professional photographer since 2008 but photography has been a love my whole life.
- Rushing home to see what I've captured after a photo shoot is like Christmas to me (every time).
- I LOVE the rain, fog and stormy weather. Heat... not so much!
- I love people who have a sense of humor! Bring your funny!
- My two beautiful children HATE the camera!
- I believe in bribes on photo shoot days.
- My favorite color is Tiffany blue.
- My ears aren't pierced.
- My musical tastes are eclectic: Jakob Dylan, James Taylor, Pink, Cat Stevens, The Bosstones, Cowboy Junkies, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Kelly Clarkson, Simon & Garfunkel, & Stone Temple Pilots to name a few.
- I've moved more times than I can count (45... 50?) and have called Marin, Kihei (Maui), Chico, and Boston "home" at one point or another.
- If I won the lottery what would I do? Travel with my family!
- I generally prefer black and white to color photographs (but not always!)
1 / 5
Janice: San Anselmo, CA
Shannon is the best at her craft. Her photos speak volumes. She is thoughtful, thorough, patient and professional. Working with her was wonderful, but the actual photos were amazing. I called her the instant I started viewing our gallery; I was in tears over how gorgeous the photos were. Every person who comes into our home asks which photographer we used and compliments the beautiful photos she has taken of our children. I LOVE the way she captured the personalities of our boys. You won't be disappointed.